By Denise Bloom
As Christmas looms nearer and nearer there's never been a better time to start thinking about Christmas gifts. What to buy for who what budget to set and how much to spend. Here's a few spending tips and later a few tips on using the internet safely and securely to purchase products this Christmas season to avoid disappointment.
Money Saving Christmas Shopping Tips
Shopping can be very addictive. Most of the time, with it easier and easier these days to get credit from the high street. The emotional spending spree can happen all to easily here's some tips to help you avoid:-
- Bring out only the amount of cash you need to buy your gifts. make a list and stick to it, to keep yourself on track. You may then budget more wisely and this will prevent you from buying things that are not that important.
- Compare prices from different stores before buying an item, do not limit yourself to just one shop. There are stores that offer the same quality but can have a lower price. Use the internet prior to going shopping this is a great way to identify cheap items prior to purchase.
- What about buying Christmas gifts through the sales periods? this can be done and the gift saved for the Christmas season most stores increase there prices around Christmas.
- If you are on a very tight budget what about creating a christmas hamper delivery of low priced gifts. One friend of mine created a hamper from pound shop items with great effect. These shops can provide you the best prices that can cope with on your budget.
- Another way to save money while shopping is to reduce the travel time you make in finding and hunting down bargains the internet can really help with this.
Safe Internet Christmas Shopping Tips
In the United Kingdom in 2008, Boxing Day was the busiest online shopping day of the year. Over the last 5 years online shopping has increased year on year. Its never been easy to use search engines to find, compare and purchase items all under "one roof" inside the online market place. Some argue that this has levelled the playing field where niche products are available from smaller outlets with lower overheads selling has never been easier and goods and bargains and discounts can be found fast and easily
The downside to this is that this has opened the doors to spammers and scams online, causing an internet mistrust that perhaps should not be there if you as a consumer follow some simple tips:-
- Did you know you can check a websites ownership for Free using a simple online tool? whois.domaintools.com enter the site and it will tell you its owner and when it was registered.
- Is the site a website of a local shop or product or service with in your Country, County, City or Village if it is. Its guaranteed its going to be a legitimate site as smaller retailers trade on reputation.
- Does it have a built in site security? this can sometimes throw up errors in your web browser when in fact the site is legitimate (see below)
- Check the sites contact details is there a phone number check the address with Google maps all companies who register with Google maps must be a recognized address.
- Follow word of mouth if a friend relative or colleague has used the site before most sites will give a discount code for repeat orders. This is not only that the website is legitimate but you can also save money too.
- Browser security errors are common on smaller sites this is because its pretty much impossible to design a website to work on all web browsers at the last count there are over 20 different version browsers out there. Most shopping cart systems use sophisticated code which not all browsers like this does not mean the site is fake only your browser maybe not be compatible with the site if in doubt apply some of the techniques above before ordering.
The Challenge for the Smaller Retailer
As I mentioned above the internet has opened up lots of selling possibilities for smaller retailers often niche in there markets and often they can offer the best advice and can offer better deals and flexibility than larger retail giants through lower overheads. It's important not to discount them when choosing your gifts this holiday season.
Hope You Found This Article Information and Your Christmas Goes Without A Hitch This Season. For A Unique Christmas Gift Try Cloud Nine Straighteners Or A Brand New Invention For Hair Theo Cloud Nine.
(If you liked this article or it inspired you Please feel free to reuse, amend or add to this article on your website, blog or newsletter the links above must remain with the article at all times you may remove this text inside these brackets before use)
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Denise_Bloom